The Texas Corinthian Yacht Club, TCYC, was founded in 1937 to:
- educate its members and their families in the art of sailing, seamanship, boat handling and related arts;
- provide and maintain a clubhouse, pier and anchorage for the recreation of its members; and,
- support and encourage participation in national and international yacht racing.
The original clubhouse, completed in 1938, was destroyed by Hurricane Ike in September 2008. The new clubhouse and rebuilt grounds were dedicated January 1, 2010.
TCYC is proud of its sailing heritage, having produced local, national, and international yacht racing champions, including Olympic silver medalists, and Mallory Cup, Sears Cup and 5.5 Meter Scandinavian Gold Cup winners.
Today, the women's, men's and youth's sailing programs at TCYC are committed to training sailors who demonstrate the highest levels of yachtsmanship and sportsmanship on and off the water. We currently have fleets of Sonar, Laser, Sunfish, and Optimist.
The TCYC today is as complex as anyone can image the intertwining of the lives of its one hundred plus members. Grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren come together for recreation year around. The club is uniquely durable and impossible to reproduce. The membership has rejoiced together for collective and individual success and mourned together over losses.
Address: 104 Park Circle, Kemah, Texas 77565